FatFs Library Port for Stellaris EK-LM3S811 Evaluation Board
I have written a port of the ELM-FatFs Generic FAT File System Module for the TI Stellaris EK-LM3S811 Evaluation board which runs on an ARM Cortex-M3 processor. The library is extensively used when connecting SD Cards to embedded systems. It is freely available under the GNU License.
It consists of a File I/O layer and Disk I/O Layer in which the former is constant across all platforms while the latter is specific to a micro-controller.
Disk I/O layer specifies the board pins, clocks and timers which are to be used. The board pins I have used are:
- SSIClk (Pad No. Eight) connected to SCK Pin of SD Card.
- SSIRx (Pad No. Ten) connected to DO of SD Card.
- SSITx (Pad No. Eleven) connected to DI of SD Card.
- PC4 (Pad No. Five) connected to CS of SD Card.
Steps to use the files in your project.
- Copy all the files in to your project folder.
- Include the “ff.h” and “diskio.h” header files in your code.
- Refer the ELM – FatFs library reference for writing your program in “main.c”.
- Compile the program.